Garmin fēnix 5 GPS Multisport Watch
The Garmin fēnix 5 is a high-end, full-featured watch for triathlon, outdoor adventure, and activity tracking that is sized just right for actually wearing all day.
Optical wrist-based heart rate measures your heart rate when you are working out and even when you aren't. The watch can also be paired with advanced chest strap HR monitors (HRM-Run, HRM-Swim, HRM-Tri) in order to get additional features, or with a regular HR monitor (either ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart) to get heart rate data when the watch is worn over a base layer.
Swim: Whether you're indoors or out, the fēnix 5 collects distance, pace, stroke count, and stroke rate. It will even record heart rate when paired with an HRM-Tri or HRM-Swim.
Bike: The watch pairs with your full set of ANT+ sensors* (heart rate, speed/cadence, and power) for all your training. Outdoors, the fēnix 5 uses its powerful EXO antenna to track your position, speed, and distance.
Run: The fēnix 5 uses the HRM-Run or HRM-Tri monitor* to help you improve your run. It tracks cadence, vertical oscillation and ratio, and ground contact time and balance. It also estimates your VO2 max so you can track your improving fitness, and it serves as a recovery advisor.
Explore Outdoors: The fēnix 5 has the classic ABC outdoor navigation tools (altimeter, barometer, compass) plus GPS + GLONASS satellite navigation technology. When skiing or snowboarding, it gives you speed, distance, and vertical drop, and has an automatic run counter (with auto pause for the lift line). Paddle sports features includes stroke count, stroke rate, and distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the green for any course you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect, and also has stat tracking, Green View, AutoShot detection, and auto measure.
Stay Active: The fēnix 5 has all the activity tracking features to measure your steps, sleep, and calories burned all day, giving you a more complete picture of your activity and health. If you sit too long, it will remind you to move.
Style: The fēnix 5 is available in a variety of colors and finishes is compatible with QuickFit 22 watch bands** so you can go from messy back county hike to the dressiest of occasions without any tools.
Connect: As with other Garmin products, you can download workouts to the watch and upload completed activities to Garmin Connect. And, when paired with your compatible Bluetooth Smart Ready phone***, it has more connected features: smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, and social media sharing.
* Sensors sold separately. HRM-Tris is included in the Performer Bundle.
** Additional watch bands sold separately.
*** For a current list of compatible Bluetooth Smart phones, visit Garmin's website.
- GPS and GLONASS
- Multisport (changes sport mode with a press of a button)
- Customizable screens
- Downloadable data via computer, or via your phone’s Bluetooth
- Connected features when when paired with a Bluetooth Smart Ready phone (compatibility list)
- Wireless syncing
- Live tracking
- Smart notifications
- Music control
- Find my phone
- Activity tracking features
- Step counter
- Auto goal
- Move bar
- Sleep monitoring
- Swim features
- Heart rate (requires HRM-Swim or HRM-Tri)
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Stroke type identification
- Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Swim workouts
- Cycling features
- Speed/cadence sensor compatible
- Power meter compatible
- FTP (requires power meter)
- Pedaling dynamics (requires Vector power meter)
- Running dynamics (require HRM-Run or HRM-Tri monitor)
- Vertical oscillation and ratio
- Ground contact time and balance
- Cadence (built-in accelerometer will work)
- Stride length (built-in accelerometer will work)
- Physiological measurements (require heart rate monitor)
- Recovery advisor
- VO2 max estimate
- Lactate threshold
- Ski features
- SUP/rowing features
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Golf features
- Connect IQ compatible
- Waypoints, routes, and track log
- Built-in altimeter, barometer, 3-axis compass
- Compatible with optional ANT+ sensors
- Heart rate monitor
- HRM-Run monitor
- HRM-Tri monitor (included in “Performer Bundle”)
- HRM-Swim monitor
- Speed and cadence sensors
- Power meter
- Foot pod
- tempe (wireless temperature sensor)
- Compatible with optional Bluetooth Smart sensors
- Heart rate monitor
- Compatible with optional accessories
- Varia lights and radar
- Varia Vision in-sight display
- VIRB® action cameras
- Electronic shifters, such as Shimano Di2
- Color display
- Water resistant to 100 meters (10 ATM)
- Built-in accelerometer (calculates run distance without need for a foot pod)
- Built-in optical heart rate (measures heart rate without need for a heart rate strap)
- fēnix 5
- Charging/data cable
- Slate gray fēnix 5 with black band
- HRM-Tri™ heart rate monitor
- Charging/data cable
|Key Features||GPS, Heart Rate Data, Bike Speed Data, Bike Cadence Data, Bike Power Data, Run Cadence Data|
|Weight||3.0 oz (85.0 g) with silicone band|
|Dimensions||1.9” x 1.9” x 0.6” (47.0 x 47.0 x 15.5 mm)|
|Display Size||1.2” (30.5 mm) diameter|
|Display Resolution||240 x 240 pixels|
|Run Time||Up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 24 hours in GPS mode, and up to 100 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode|
|Sensor Communication||ANT+, Bluetooth|
|Compatibility||Compatible with QuickFit 22 watch bands|