Garmin fēnix 5X Sapphire GPS Multisport Watch
The Garmin fēnix 5X Sapphire is a high-end, full-featured watch for triathlon, outdoor adventure, and activity tracking that is packed with in-watch mapping features but still comfortable to wear all day. It includes a scratch-resistant sapphire lens.
The fēnix 5X Sapphire is the first fēnix series watch to offer full-color TOPO U.S. mapping. The data comes preloaded and is optimized for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking on your wrist. Round-trip Run and Round-trip Ride features give you the ability to enter a distance you want to travel and have the watch suggest appropriate courses for you to chose from. Easy-to-read guidance cues provide banners on the display that show upcoming turns. Around Me map mode displays locations nearby. Data overlays on the map highlight key information so you don’t have to switch screens while in an activity.
Optical wrist-based heart rate measures your heart rate when you are working out and even when you aren't. The watch can also be paired with advanced chest strap HR monitors (HRM-Run, HRM-Swim, HRM-Tri) in order to get additional features, or with a regular HR monitor (either ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart) to get heart rate data when the watch is worn over a base layer.
Swim: Whether you're indoors or out, the fēnix 5X Sapphire collects distance, pace, stroke count, and stroke rate. It will even record underwater heart rate when paired with an HRM-Tri or HRM-Swim.
Bike: The watch pairs with your full set of ANT+ sensors* (heart rate, speed/cadence, and power) for all your training. Outdoors, the fēnix 5X Sapphire uses its powerful EXO antenna to track your position, speed, and distance.
Run: The fēnix 5X Sapphire uses the HRM-Run or HRM-Tri monitor* to help you improve your run. It tracks cadence, vertical oscillation and ratio, and ground contact time and balance. It also estimates your VO2 max so you can track your improving fitness, and it serves as a recovery advisor.
Explore Outdoors: The fēnix 5X Sapphire has the classic ABC outdoor navigation tools (altimeter, barometer, compass) plus GPS + GLONASS satellite navigation technology. When skiing or snowboarding, it gives you speed, distance, and vertical drop, and has an automatic run counter (with auto pause for the lift line). Paddle sports features includes stroke count, stroke rate, and distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the green, and also has stat tracking, Green View, AutoShot detection, and auto measure. The fēnix 5X Sapphire comes loaded with more than 40,000 golf courses from around the world.
Stay Active: The fēnix 5X Sapphire has all the activity tracking features to measure your steps, sleep, and calories burned all day, giving you a more complete picture of your activity and health. If you sit too long, it will remind you to move.
Style: The fēnix 5X Sapphire is slightly larger than the other fēnix 5 models, but still only 51.0 mm in diameter and 17.5 mm thick. It is compatible with QuickFit 26 watch bands so you can go from sweaty workout to the dressiest of occasions without any tools. The metal band style comes with one extra silicone band**.
Connect: As with other Garmin products, you can download workouts to the watch and upload completed activities to Garmin Connect. For your convenience, the fēnix 5X Sapphire can make these transfers over Wi-Fi. And, when paired with your compatible Bluetooth Smart Ready phone***, it has all of Garmin’s connected features: smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, GroupTrack, and social media sharing.
* Sensors sold separately.
** Additional watch bands sold separately.
*** For a current list of compatible Bluetooth Smart phones, visit Garmin's website.
- GPS and GLONASS
- Multisport (changes sport mode with a press of a button)
- Customizable screens
- Downloadable data via computer, via Wi-Fi, or via your phone’s Bluetooth
- Connected features when when paired with a Bluetooth Smart Ready phone (compatibility list)
- Wireless syncing
- Live tracking
- Smart notifications
- Music control
- Find my phone
- Activity tracking features
- Step counter
- Auto goal
- Move bar
- Sleep monitoring
- Swim features
- Heart rate (requires HRM-Swim or HRM-Tri)
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Stroke type identification
- Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Swim workouts
- Cycling features
- Speed/cadence sensor compatible
- Power meter compatible
- FTP (requires power meter)
- Pedaling dynamics (requires Vector power meter)
- Running dynamics (require HRM-Run or HRM-Tri monitor)
- Vertical oscillation and ratio
- Ground contact time and balance
- Cadence (built-in accelerometer will work)
- Stride length (built-in accelerometer will work)
- Physiological measurements (require heart rate monitor)
- Recovery advisor
- VO2 max estimate
- Lactate threshold
- Ski features
- SUP/rowing features
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Golf features
- Connect IQ compatible
- Preloaded topographic and cycling maps plus more than 40,000 golf courses around the world
- Waypoints, routes, and track log
- Built-in altimeter, barometer, 3-axis compass
- Compatible with optional ANT+ sensors
- Heart rate monitor
- HRM-Run monitor
- HRM-Tri monitor
- HRM-Swim monitor
- Speed and cadence sensors
- Power meter
- Foot pod
- tempe (wireless temperature sensor)
- Compatible with optional Bluetooth Smart sensors
- Heart rate monitor
- Compatible with optional accessories
- Varia lights and radar
- Varia Vision in-sight display
- VIRB® action cameras
- Electronic shifters, such as Shimano Di2
- Color display
- Water resistant to 100 meters (10 ATM)
- Built-in accelerometer (calculates run distance without need for a foot pod)
- Built-in optical heart rate (measures heart rate without need for a heart rate strap)
- Scratch-resistant sapphire lens
- fēnix 5X Sapphire
- Charging/data cable
The metal band version includes an extra silicone QuickFit 26 watch band
|Key Features||GPS, Heart Rate Data, Bike Speed Data, Bike Cadence Data, Bike Power Data, Run Cadence Data|
|Weight||3.5 oz (98.0 g) with silicone band|
|Dimensions||2.0” x 2.0” x 0.7” (51.0 x 51.0 x 17.5 mm)|
|Display Size||1.2” (30.5 mm) diameter|
|Display Resolution||240 x 240 pixels|
|Run Time||Up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 24 hours in GPS mode, and up to 100 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode|
|Sensor Communication||ANT+, Bluetooth|
|Compatibility||Compatible with QuickFit 26 watch bands|