Specialized Element 2.0 Jacket Top
There's cold and then there's freezing cold. And while finding the perfect jacket at either end of the spectrum is pretty easy, the temperature range in between is where you'll spend the majority of your time on the road, and finding a cycling jacket for this space can be quite difficult. No longer, though, as our Element 2.0 WINDSTOPPER® Jacket fills the gap splendidly.
The jacket is made from one of the most venerable materials in the business, Gore® WINDSTOPPER® Soft Shell, and as the 2.0 iteration of this jacket, it's placed to provide full coverage and protection. As its name suggests, this material is extremely wind- and water-resistant. But what its name doesn't tell you is that it's also highly efficient at wicking moisture away from the skin, while also remaining soft against the skin and quite breathable.
This fabric also possesses the perfect amount of stretch, which complements the articulated cycling cut of the jacket. Essentially, this all adds up to a complete freedom of movement throughout the motions of cycling, which equates to the elimination of any rubbing, pinching, or chafing.
The Element 2.0 also includes other weather-fighting properties, like an offset front zipper that prevents drafts and keeps the zipper off of your chin. There are also wrist seals that prevent air and water from infiltrating the jacket via the sleeve openings, and a pop collar that performs similar duties at the neck opening.
Lastly, storage duties are handled by a series of thoughtfully placed pockets. You'll find front venting pockets, jersey pocket access, and zippered pockets at both the chest and back.
- Full coverage of Gore WINDSTOPPER Soft Shell is a knit fabric with remarkable insulating properties, as well as being wind and water-resistant and highly breathable.
- Offset front zipper directs the teeth of the zipper away from chin for added comfort while you're extended over the bars.
- One zippered chest pocket, front venting pockets, a back zippered pocket, and jersey pocket access provide all the room you'll ever need for housing your ride essentials and electronics.
- Wrist seals prevent wind and water from creeping up at the arm openings.
- Pop collar seals out the cold and adds a little extra protection from the elements.
- Reflective elements increase your visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- DeflectUV 50+ protects the skin against harmful UV rays.
- Standard Fit is specifically designed for women, and is generous and comfortable, while allowing ample room to layer underneath.